||The National Greenhouse Gas Industry Attribution Model is dynamic model that attributes US Greenhouse Gas (GHG) emissions as reported in the US GHG Inventory  to industry sectors as classified by the Bureau of Economic Analysis in the 2012 detail benchmark input-output tables . The model is valid for years 2010-2016 and uses the EPA GHG Inventory published in 2018. Data quality score associated with the EPA DQ system  for data reliability and technological correlation are assigned as described in Yang et al. 2017, Supporting Information 1 . This model builds upon the USEEIO v1.1 GHG satellite table  and the Yale Center for Industrial Ecology USEEIO extensions v2.1 . See the Documentation sheet in the file for a summary table describing the industry attribution approach to each USEPA GHGI emission item.
1. USEPA, 2020. Inventory of U.S. Greenhouse Gas Emissions and Sinks: 1990-2018. https://www.epa.gov/ghgemissions/inventory-us-greenhouse-gas-emissions-and-sinks-1990-2016
2. BEA, 2019a. Input-Output Accounts Data. https://www.bea.gov/industry/input-output-accounts-data
3. USEPA. 2016. Guidance on Data Quality Assessment for Life Cycle Inventory Data (Report). US Environmental Protection Agency, National Risk Management Research Laboratory, Life Cycle Assessment Research Center. https://cfpub.epa.gov/si/si_public_record_report.cfm?dirEntryId=321834
4. Yang, Y., Ingwersen, W.W., Hawkins, T.R., Srocka, M., Meyer, D.E., 2017. USEEIO: A New and Transparent United States Environmentally-Extended Input-Output Model. Journal of Cleaner Production 158, 308–318. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jclepro.2017.04.150
5. Ingwersen, W.W., Yang, Y., Gilkey, K., Li, M., 2017. USEEIOv1.1 - Satellite Tables. https://doi.org/10.23719/1365565
6. Berrill, P., Miller, T.R., 2019. CIE USEEIO extensions v2.1. https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.3386529.
This dataset is associated with the following publication:
Ingwersen, W., and M. Li. Supply Chain Greenhouse Gas Emission Factors for US Industries and Commodities. U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Washington, DC, USA, 2020.